Carbon Monoxide Incident

Posted on February 1, 2015

On Supper Bowl Sunday at 21:43 Hrs, the Pearl River Department was requested an alarm sounding at 2 Warrant Officer Bauer Lane. The homeowners complained of feeling sick. Upon further investigation, fire personnel found over 200 PPM of Carbon Monoxide (CO) within the house. Fire personnel quickly mitigated the CO leak and Pearl River EMS transported the homeowners for CO exposure.

 

Structure Fire

Posted on February 10, 2015

At 9:59 P.M. the Pearl River Fire Department was dispatched for a structure fire on Orchard Lane. 12-1 (Chief Sampath) & 12-2 (Asst. Chief Lewis) quickly called into service. 12-1 advised fire control of a working fire and requested a FAST from West Nyack Fire Department since Nanuet Fire Department was redirected from a FAST to an extra Engine. 12-5 (Capt. Morrison), 12-Tower were first due they conducted a quick search of the first floor and determined that the fire was in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished with minor extension to the first and second floor. All units were back in service by 1:00 A.M.   

Mutual Aid To Nanuet

Posted on February 14, 2015

At 19:07 Hrs the Nanuet Fire Department requested 12- Tower to respond to a Structure Fire at 201 West Route 59 Nanuet. 12-Tower, 12-5 (Capt. Morrison) and its crew responded to the fire. 8-3 (Nanuet’s Chief BJ Ready) directed Pearl River’s crew to the roof to open up the duck work so the Nanuet’s crews could extinguish the remaining fire. Fire personnel quickly knocked down the fire. All units were back in service by 22:00 Hrs.  

Mutual Aid To South Spring Valley

Posted on February 16, 2015

At 8:00 A.M., on Presidents day the South Spring Valley Fire Department requested a FAST (Firefighter Assist and Search Team) to the scene of a working fire at 38 Manis Ave. Pearl River units provided FAST coverage until redirected to knocking down hot spots within the house. All units were back in service by 13:00 Hrs.  

Mutual Aid To South Spring Valley

Posted on February 19, 2015

At approximately 9:20 P.M. on Thursday night the South Spring Valley Fire Department requested one Engine to a scene of working house fire at 45 Grotke Road. Due to high winds the fire quickly spread from the rear of the home to the attic. Hook & Ladder members operated until the fire was extinguished around 10:30 p.m.